If a person is regularly snorting cocaine through their nose, it can cause the blood vessels in the lining of the nose to constrict. Prolonged constriction of these blood vessels can kill the tissue, ultimately leading to painful sores in the nasal lining and septum. This can lead to many medical problems, including holes in the septum, infection, scarring, and even a full collapse of the nose. On the streets, cocaine is sold as a fine white powder that dealers often dilute with other substances, such as flour, baking soda, or cornstarch to increase their profits.
- If you have become addicted to cocaine, you may lose the ability to control your mood, thoughts, and behaviors.
- We conduct a thorough evaluation of all our patients, during which we gather critical information such as history of one’s drug use, and family and medical history.
- A partial hospitalization program is a step down from inpatient care, so it’s best for people who have completed some drug addiction treatment and/or have a supportive, sober environment at home.
Dopamine is the brain’s primary reward neurotransmitter, and these intense spikes can lead people to readminister the drug repeatedly. If you or a loved one is addicted to cocaine, reach out to a doctor, or someone else you trust who may be able help you explore treatment options and find other sources of support. Even when withdrawal symptoms have subsided, sudden cravings are common.
How to Recognize Cocaine Addiction
We break down long-term studies on commonly abused substances and will teach you how to interpret facility success rates. Yet, despite the risks and side effects, many people still use or will try cocaine. Let’s take a look at the statistics that surround cocaine use within the United States. Cocaine may lead someone to have strong cravings for the drug and the high it brings. But the more you use cocaine, the more your brain will adapt to it which leads to dependency and tolerance. Making the decision to find treatment for Cocaine addiction is the first step toward recovery.
Treatment options at https://ecosoberhouse.com/article/how-art-therapy-can-help-in-addiction-recovery/ centers can include inpatient, residential, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and traditional outpatient services. Without professional intervention, cocaine use disorder can be extremely difficult to overcome. At a cocaine addiction treatment center, therapists work with you to get to the root of your addiction. They attempt to answer things like what first started your cocaine use, the negative feelings that the drug initially resolved, and what roadblocks to recovery you may have. Using that information, they use various therapeutic methods in order to give each client the tools to exchange unhealthy responses to triggers and stressors with healthy ones.
Types of Treatment Offered for Cocaine Abuse at the White Deer Run Treatment Network
This provides therapy to address the behavioral, emotional, and mental side effects of cocaine addiction. Burkwood Treatment Center helps individuals struggling with cocaine addiction build a strong foundation for long-term recovery. Located near Minneapolis – St. Paul, Burkwood is the leading provider of alcohol and drug abuse treatment for adults. A variety of treatment methods and supports are available when you seek professional help to get through these difficult withdrawal symptoms.
- It is not uncommon for those suffering from an addiction to cocaine to experience abdominal pain, extreme fatigue, weight loss, headaches, heart attack, stroke, seizures, respiratory arrest, and even death.
- The user has a strong desire to take the drug, regardless of the consequences; they may engage in reckless or risky behaviours or act impulsively or with increased energy.
- We have something for everyone, offering meditation and yoga, equine therapy, private cottages, and more at our beautifully appointed rehabilitation center surrounded by walkable nature trails.
- Our Medically Monitored Detox program will help you through the difficult detoxification process safely and as comfortably as possible, whatever your withdrawal symptoms might be.
- Located near Scotts Valley & San Jose, CA, The Camp provides premier cocaine abuse rehabilitation.
Treating our patients like people has made us the best place to get the right treatment. Drug users may inject or snort the powder, and it can also be made into a solid form of crack cocaine, which comes in crystal form which is typically cocaine addiction treatment smoked to create a quicker, more intense high. An appreciable tolerance to cocaine’s high may develop, with many addicts reporting that they seek but fail to achieve as much pleasure as they did from their first experience.